Fundraising Mentorship From Operator-Angels
Our fundraising accelerator is a new program for founders currently raising their first venture round. This is an opportunity to receive FREE mentorship from leading operator angels on how to find your ideal lead investor and ultimately close an oversubscribed round.
How We Help
A Playbook To Build Fundraising Momentum:
- Refine your narrative & pitch deck
- How to frame your proof points/KPIs
- Build confidence pitching live
- Find the right investor persona(s)
- Close an *oversubscribed* round
Who Should Apply?
Pre-Requisites for Teams:
- At least 50% of team is technical
- Building B2B software companies
- A non-obvious solution, but obvious problem
- Validation points (in order of preference):
- Product usage
- Impressive demos
- Raising now, or within 3 months
- Seeking a first VC round of $1m+
If selected, you will join our private slack.
We will provide extensive async feedback on your deck and work with you to better position your solution and proof points to investors. We’ll also help with your CRM and game-plan to approach investors (angels and funds). If an accelerator makes sense, that’s great too.
Once your pitch is strong, we’ll assemble angels for live pitch practice and feedback. Lastly, once you’re ready, we’ll activate our network to make warm intros.
There is no specific time commitment for founders, but we expect you to be working on the fundraise full-time, so iterations should be rapid. We’ll work with each company for up to 60 days before needing to make room for new folks. Note: Like most things, you will get out of it what you put in.
Our Ask In Return (only if we’re helpful):
- Let us make a small investment on MFN terms.
- Refer us to other founders who could use our support
Why We Do This
- The fundraising market is brutal right now. Raises are taking longer and some bad actor VCs are acting sharky-er. For founders, fundraising is lonely and mentally taxing – even for great companies. Founders also are at a major information disadvantage relative to investors: founders are natural builders, but not necessarily natural fundraisers. The cure for this is a combination of education and practice. Fundraising is a muscle: you will see improvements by implementing better technique and getting in more reps. We can help with that.
- Angels want to support in ways others than money. It’s hard times for angels too: everyone feels a bit poorer. While many angels have been forced to pull back on direct investments, angels can still be supporters, mentors and champions. Angels are connectors. Angels are also experienced fundraisers, operators and investors. Intangible runs a community for the world’s most helpful operator-angels and our members want to support founders like you.
- We’re good at this. We have a track record of helping founders raise from great investors. Here are some examples of founding teams we’ve helped raise $10m+:
- Technical YC founders struggling with the narrative
- A team with real traction, but an ‘unpopular’ market
- First-time founders with a lot of known unknowns
- International founders pitching US investors/angels